Monday 16 March 2009

Question Six

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

During the filming of our Title sequence i learnt a huge amount about technologies as this is the first time i have used any of the equipment and thought about different ways of filming. When deciding the ways of filming within our group we thought we would keep to simple but effective techniques as it will allow the action and shots to really stand out. We used simple equipment like Video recorder, tripod and lamp, i ve never used this equipment before so took me a few shots before i got the hang of it. I learnt that the lighting of scenes are very important as you have to enable that certain things are light while still creating the scary aspect that we are trying to protray. It is also vaital that the camera is position correctly and filming what we intented. These two techniques are very diffcult to get correctly resulting in film scenes a several times. I learnt that no matter how many times use film a scene it is different everytime wheather good or bad.

When editing our opening sequence we used the software Imovies which i found hard to use as it is unfamiliar to me. Due to this we used simple cuts and shots at the beginning. But once i got use to it i tried to develop my skills further and experiment with the different techinques. I did this but changing the contrast, speed and cuts of the film and believe that what i did was effective of the vibe we were trying to protray to the audience. I think i have expanded my knowlegde of the technologies in media production and learnt a varity of different things that will help me in my later production of media products.

No comments: